Just home from an 11 night cruise and exhausted – too much fun was had! The next few posts will be taken from the updates I emailed home while on the high seas.

Day 1- Tuesday (and leading up to it)

Remind me never to have a party on a Saturday before going away on holidays the following Tuesday. We were up till 2am Monday night finishing the clean up job and packing. I suppose a bad sign had been when the first person arrived for “recovery” before I was out of bed on Sunday morning. On Tuesday morning our first item was to call The Boyfriend’s dad to request an extra hour before he picked us up, since we planned to arrive early we’d left ourselves with time to do that.

I’d prepped for the holiday by having a manicure, pedicure and facial on Monday. The nail parts went well. I only ran into trouble when I went in for the facial. “Take off your top”, said the young chinese  attendant, who spoke almost no other english than those few words. “I’m here for a facial’ love, my face is up here!” I protested. Eventually I took off my top since she was not going to budge on this. Despite my misgivings it started feeling relaxing. Then just as I was drifting off she leaned in close to whisper to me “Am I doing it right for you?” I clenched my butt cheeks together and crossed my legs, feeling a bit concerned and trying not to crack any funnies about happy finishes. Then suddenly she turned off the lights. I tried to call her bluff by pretending this was all fine by me. But I could hear her creeping around the room and got ready for her attack. I wasn’t expecting it when it came though, and soon enough she was squeezing my poor pores within an inch of their lives. I got her back by making her scrub my feet.

Finally Tuesday rolled around and we headed in to town to board the Rhapsody of the Seas. We had contemplated sneaking booze on board but when they searched The Boyfriend’s bag for illicit alcohol we realised we’d made the right decision not to, even though I still think my genius idea of wrapping a bottle of bundy up and sticking a birthday card on it was a good one.

I did fulfil my self challenge that first day on board, and visited every bar on the ship, no easy feat. I must have done well, for the next day I had heaps of people saying hi like they were old friends, most of whom I had only the foggiest recollection of!



2 Responses to “Cruisin’”

  1. Jennifer Says:

    I wondered why you disappeared. That sounds like so much fun. We took a cruise for our honeymoon. I had no idea how much fun they were. I can’t wait to hear more.

    • 12ontheinside Says:

      Well Jenn, you never know – with burglers these days I thought it best to not mention it. I did have someone staying at my house to look after my cat so probably could have but you know how it is!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: